Friday, December 20, 2013

Simple and Fun Do-It-Yourself Decorations for the Holidays.


With the holidays upon us, life can get pretty crazy. Long days of running from mall to mall. Hours spent braving crowds, busy parking lots, and the inevitable holiday traffic can leave anyone in need of some relaxation. And after a full day of shopping, nothing feels better than returning home, kicking off your shoes, lying on a soft couch, and putting your feet up!

What's even better is to put your feet up in a home that is beautifully decorated with holiday cheer. I understand that after shopping which during the holiday season should be considered an athletic sport, spending hours decorating might not be high on your priority list. However, I've found an amazing website with quick and easy holiday decorating tips that will fool anyone into thinking that you'd spent hours putting them together. 

As part of Pacific SD Management and a renter myself, I know how important it is to make your apartment feel like home, especially during the holidays.


With the ever growing popularity of Pinterest, creative at-home projects have become all the rage. Everyday items are being turned into tables, lamps, accent pieces and so much more. The amount of creativity surrounding Do-It-Yourself (DIY) projects is inspiring!


With so much creativity everywhere, it’s not surprising that some fantastic DIY ideas for holiday decorations have been popping up all over the internet. These simple and inexpensive projects are great for transforming any apartment into a holiday wonderland.

One savvy website, Apartmenttherapy.com has some fun ways of decorating for the holidays. In "10 Simple Christmas Decorating Ideas for Small Places", they show us how to create some amazing holiday cheer using household items, many of which you might already have. 

One simple idea that I used in my own apartment was the ornament and ribbon hanging from a light decoration. All that I needed for that project were ten ornaments, I used all sliver, and ten varying lengths of ribbon. After tying everything together, then hanging them from my kitchen light, I stood back to inspect my work. To my pleasant surprise it looked great! For being so inexpensive and easy to make, I couldn't believe how fancy it looked. To give a better idea about how this decoration looks, I've attached a photo from ApartmentTherapy.com's article "10 simple Christmas Decorating Ideas for Small Places." 


 
Photo from ApartmentTherapy.com's article "10 Simple Christmas Decorating Ideas for Small Places." 
With this and a few other of their ideas, using lights and tree branches, I've added some fun and sophisticated holiday flare to my home.




Photos from ApartmentTherapy.com's article "10 Simple Christmas Decorating Ideas for Small Places."
As someone who lives in an apartment and understands the need to be creative when decorating, I recommend checking out "10 Simple Christmas Decorating Ideas for Small Places" by ApartmentTherapy.com, Give these creative DIY projects a try! Their ideas really will give any apartment that holiday wow factor!


Happy Holidays from Pacifica Companies!


Follow us on Facebook and Twitter

1 comment:

  1. I can see that you are an expert at your field! I am launching a website soon, and your information will be very useful for me.. Thanks for all your help and wishing you all the success in your business.
    Wall Lights

    ReplyDelete