Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Having Gratitude... Even In Cleaning Our Homes

I am grateful for the lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning, and floors that need waxing because it means I have a home.  ~Author Unknown

I found the aforementioned quote on another helpful home living blog: "All things Home" /http://allthingshome.com/blog/ where professional organizer, Gayle Grace provides her insight and ideas on housewarming events, moving, and exactly that, all things home.  

It may seem strange to be grateful for the things and aspects in our lives that we find difficult and burdening, but I have personally found that having gratitude in all facets of our lives, allows me to be fully open, optimistic, and present.  

I'm sure this recent "gratitude revelation" has a lot to do with the fact that my nightstand currently boasts Don Miguel Ruiz' "The Four Agreements," which I highly recommend of course. However, I do think the integral reason that this quote screamed at me today while doing my research to write my weekly "savvy apartment living" lifestyle blog post here at Pacifica SD Management, is because owning one's gratitude for stressful times and challenging moments, in my opinion, is a very real path to happiness and peace.  Yes, even tedious tasks like "washing windows that need cleaning" do in fact, mean you have dirty windows to clean, but more importantly the message is clear that you have a home.  We should be grateful for that, as many are not as fortunate.  


No comments:

Post a Comment